The workplace is widely embracing 5G technology, virtual reality and the Internet of Things (IoT). In spite of your unbridled enthusiasm and general knowledge of the many innovations in a variety of tech fields, along with the accompanying implications and impacts of each innovation, you may need a little primer on using each to your advantage.
How To Get Ahead Using Your Competitor’s Data
Let’s take a look at three key tech skills and information sets you’ll need in the next five years to make sure you’re in peak position for plenty of excitement and success in the workplace.
1. Embrace Blockchain
Blockchain is on the cusp of taking off and making its place in the general business landscape. As a matter of fact, at the beginning of 2018, Bloomberg reported that the number of blockchain-related LinkedIn job listings quadrupled in 2017.
Of course, tech aficionados are well aware of the exciting developments in cryptocurrencies and blockchain development. If blockchain technology has captured your imagination, but you aren’t quite sure how to get involved, consider the following approaches:
- Focus on blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS).
- Learn the various blockchain platforms.
- Understand blockchain security frameworks.
- Explore blockchain architecture patterns.
2. Explore the Vast and Sweeping Possibilities of 5G
What is 5G? Everything you need to know about the new wireless revolution
The buzz around 5G wireless seems to get a little louder all the time. This fifth generation of wireless networking is brimming with advances and possibilities for everyday technology users and businesses alike.
Available through leaders in mobile technology like Qualcomm, the two features that have everyone excitedly awaiting 5G technology are:
- Lightning speed uploads and downloads
- Lower latency that will drastically minimize buffering, pauses and other delays during downloads and streaming
If you want to harness the power of 5G to your own advantage, keep in mind that 5G is set to alter the tech landscape far into the foreseeable future. Your understanding this vibrant technology — and its connection to the equally exciting IoT — will help you on a professional level, as well as allowing 5G to add value and pleasure to your everyday life at home and at play.
3. Absorb the Details of Data Science, Data Analysis, Data Virtualization
Understanding and Handling Big Data for Businesses
You are likely acutely aware of the value of data, and might also know that there are myriad things you can do with that data to benefit your business or professional life. Whether you want to create high-impact data visualizations or become a better data analyst for your organization, there are some key points for you to understand to make data work for you, including:
- Learning to apply basic data science tools, such as data management, data virtualization and data modeling via SAS or Python, recommends Coursera.
- Focusing on analyzing specific research questions, followed by summarizing the insights you make.
- Finding a way to use real data to make an impact on real-world issues in your business.
Tapping Into The Tech Industry: How To Find The Job Of Your Dreams
Blockchain, 5G technology and data science are just a few of the most vital tech skills sets that will change the way we work in the coming years. Add in machine learning and virtual reality, and we are set for a tech revolution. You can prepare to take it all on with confidence and success by committing to learning some of the fundamentals of each innovation.