Marketing is a necessity for any business, and it can often be difficult to get your strategy right when there are so many approaches and variables to consider. It is arguably even more difficult in the tech industry, when you think about the number of businesses that are competing for customers. However, with a solid marketing plan, you really can stand out from the crowd and propel your company to new heights. So, let’s take a look at some top tips to help you get started…
- Don’t overlook email marketing – Email marketing is something that a lot of businesses dismiss because they don’t feel it is effective. Yes, it is true that a lot of emails do end up in the trash without even being read. Nonetheless, if you construct your emails effectively, it can make a monumental difference to the success of your business. It is all about creating an enticing subject line, which is going to make users open the email. You then need to wow them with your content and presentation while ensuring the call to action is visible and effective. Of course, one of the best ways to entice readers is to offer them a discount. Nonetheless, educating your subscribers and sharing useful tips also goes a long way too. It shows your customers that you care about them, you are bringing them added value, and that you are an expert in your field.
- Contribute to other websites – A blogger outreach program is a highly effective marketing approach. This involves creating interesting, original, and relevant content, which will be posted on other blogs. The key to this is posting on blogs that are relevant to the tech industry. You need to find blogs that also have a high reach, so that your posts will gain a lot of visibility. A lot of companies make the mistake of posting their content on any old website, and this isn’t going to do your business any favours. You need to create quality links.
- Write and public educational content regularly – Needless to say, you should not only be posting content on other blogs, but you need to produce content for your own website. This should not only be blog posts, but also videos, guides, and whitepapers. In fact, video marketing is extremely effective, presenting you with a great way to introduce your company and show demos of your products and services. Your content doesn’t need to be hyper-focused on your business. In fact, it is better if it is not. People don’t want to feel like they are reading endless streams of promotional content. Instead, you need to provide them with educational and informative content, which enables them to make smart decisions about their purchases, which should in the end result in them buying from your business.
- Use social media to full effect – Being present on social media is one thing, but using it effectively is another. You need to make sure that you are present on the platforms where your customers are present. Do you really need a Pinterest account? The demographic for this social media site is mainly females of college age. Are they going to be buying what you’re offering? Next, you need to use social media to build relationships, increase your customer service, and allow people to get close to your brand than ever before.
- Recognise when you need help – Last but not least, handling your marketing campaign on your own is admirable, but is it the right thing to do? This all depends on our business. Outsourcing is beneficial for some, but not for others. There are some key questions you should ask yourself when determining whether it would be better to take advantage of the likes of the MSP marketing solution or any of the other popular managed marketing platforms. These questions are as follows: would it be cheaper to outsource? Are you lacking the specialist skills in-house to perform marketing activities to the high level required? Is marketing getting in the way of your core activities? If you have answered yes to these questions, you are probably going to be better off by seeking some outside assistance.
If you follow the tips that have been mentioned above, you will most certainly notice an improvement at your business. From writing and publishing educational content to recognising when you need professional assistance on board, there are many different ways you can get your company to beat the competition in the tech sector.