The demand for electricians in the Wisconsin state of the US is very high. So, if one is looking for an occupation option that has a great future, then one must master this skill. Along with proper training, one also needs to get a license. This will give more weightage to the profile.
First, you need to have a proper understanding of the different types of licenses:
- The basic level is that of an apprentice electrician, where you have to work under a master electrician. You will be assigned tasks like bending conduit, electrical wiring, etc.
- In the case of journeyman Wisconsin electrical license, you will get to work along with the master electrician, and you will be assigned tasks like panel installation, or fixture installation, etc.
- Master electricians work on their own, and they have to apply for the electrical contractor license.
Want to be a master electrician in Wisconsin? Then understand the requirements for the same:
- Master electricians are allowed to do all types of electrical work like installation, maintenance, etc. Therefore, one must try and become a master electrician.
- If you also want to get the Wisconsin electrical license to become a master electrician, then you must have a minimum 1 year of experience as a licensed journeyman electrician.
- You must have a degree in electrical engineering, and this has to be from an accredited university.
- You must have 10,000 hours of experience in carrying out different types of electrical work or in the last 7 years it must be 1000 hours per year.
- Along with the application form, you will have to submit proof of experience.
Want to be a Journeyman electrician in Wisconsin? Then understand the requirements for the same:
- You will need 4 years of work experience if you want to be a Journeyman electrician. That is, you will need 8000 hours of work experience
- In case you do not have this experience, then you will need 2 years degree and 3 years of work experience
- In case you do not have this experience and degree, then you must have completed the approved apprentice program.
Few important things about the validity aspect of the license:
Remember that your Wisconsin license is valid only in Wisconsin State. The license expires every 4 years, and you will have to apply for the renewal of the license. Make sure that you apply for the renewal of the license in time so that you will have to pay only the amount for license renewal. In the case of expired licenses, an extra process fee is charged.
There has been a boom in constructions in Wisconsin State. Due to this, there is an increase in demand for skilled people like electricians. As the demand is more, it goes without saying that the scope for electricians is very high in this state.
The electricians’ job is one that can help you earn really well in Wisconsin. You can take up a job, or you may work independently. Just make sure that you have the required qualifications and license for the same.