The coronavirus pandemic is wreaking havoc on the world economy. The tourism sector is hit, retail stores are closing, sporting events and major events are being canceled, countries are restricting travel to try to keep the virus out of their borders, and hospitals are struggling to avoid the worst still. In times of crisis it can be difficult to stay calm and optimistic. Fortunately for entrepreneurs, keeping calm under pressure is part of their daily routine. By taking precautionary steps, you can put your business in a safer position to stay strong and recover faster once the crisis massively subsides. In fact, China, the country where the virus first appeared, is already showing signs of economic recovery. Here are some key marketing strategies and information to help your business recover from coronavirus.
Think about how coronavirus affects your customers
Depending on the industry in which you are located, your customers may have some new difficulties and concerns related to coronavirus. Think strategically about how the pandemic affects your customers and how you can help. Next, you can tailor and plan your marketing around how to address these specific challenges and concerns. For example, your customers:
- Are they worried about their health safety?
- Are they worried about their financial liquidity?
- Are they worried about restricting their travels?
- Are they worried about the general uncertainty of the market and the slowdown in demand?
All of these challenges can be exacerbated by a crisis such as coronavirus. Your job as a business owner is to understand how you can reposition your products and services to be useful and address the specific concerns facing your customers right now. No matter how much the country is quarantined, people will still want, and must, buy things, creating opportunities to serve your market through alternative sales channels. Can you boost your e-marketing efforts and e-commerce sales? You may want to upgrade your computer programs and look at software development services. If you have an online store it is a great opportunity to:
- Publish the hygiene rules you maintain on your business social media or blog . Promote the regularity of your business, inspiring your customers with confidence.
- Extend the schedule of the telephone service as well as the service through the chat of Social Media. If your retail store must remain closed, pay special attention and immediacy to the electronic-telephone service.
- You probably already have discounted promotions, free shipping and free changes . If not here’s a new product just for you! As there is still uncertainty and people are mainly looking to find out what is going to happen in the coming days, you need to think long term. By providing this kind of practical facility to your customers, you promote the image and value of your business.
Take action of your business interaction with your customers, such as competitions, etc.
If you sell video conferencing solutions, this is a great opportunity for you to offer additional support and tips to help your clients understand how to tailor their remote workflows.